Monday, July 11, 2011

Art on the Ave, Tacoma WA

I admit it, before this year I had never even heard of Art on the Ave.  But in the last months I have been hot on the trail for events to vend at.  And behold, Art on the Ave appeared to me with a reasonable booth fee, a weekend I was available and a town not very far from Olympia.

What I discovered was an event with much diversity in activities, music, arts, food and people.  There were four different stages ranging from hip-hop to rock to jazz and even a family stage.  There were five different beer gardens, a basketball tournament, a half pipe, pet zone, roller derby girls and so much more.  There was literally something for everyone.

I am very proud of myself for this show, I did most all the heavy lifting by myself and set up and tore down almost all by myself.  I had a little help getting my tent all the way up, I'm not quite tall enough.  This is after all the first show I've done without my husband there to help.  He would have loved this event, particularly the half pipe.  I'm kind of glad he was not there, we don't need any broken bodies.      

Luckily my good friends Trista with Wigglin' Wasabi and Niki Bilodeau with her hand etched glass were vending at the same event. Although we wanted to set up our tents side by side we were unfortunately back to back.   But they were  still around to give me bathroom breaks and a hand setting up and tearing down. 
Trista with Wigglin' Wasabi and Niki with her hand etched glass were in the booth behind me.




One vendor used his space for sidewalk chalk fun.  It was great watching his process!








Overall the event was a success, I gained more fans, sold some merchandise, made a few contacts that will lead to future sales, and had a great time.  I will most likely do this show next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment