Friday, February 4, 2011

Melting Chocolate Cake

When my husband and I went on our Honey Moon, this was one of the deserts we splurged on.  Ohhhh goodness I think I'm gonna have to make my own after finding the article below.

Carnival cruises' warm chocolate melting cake 'secret' recipe revealed

  • July 22nd, 2009 11:41 pm ET

The World Famous Carnival Cruise Lines' Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (Photo courtesy of
Carnival Cruise Lines)
Those of you who have been on a Carnival cruise recently are probably very aware of how divine the chocolate melting cake is for dessert. For those who haven't been on a Carnival cruise, you can now enjoy this classic dessert in your very own home.
The chocolate melting cake used to be either a special order or only served on certain nights on the cruise. The dessert became so popular because of its richness and delicious taste that Carnival has now put it on the menu for dinner every night. Your Charlotte Cruise Ships Examiner has also been known to order two or three of these beauties after a nice dinner, and rightfully so. Once you taste it, you are instantly hooked.
The chocolate melting cake is also vegetarian friendly. As a vegetarian myself, I appreciate this because I can eat it without remorse. But vegans should beware: the melting cake does include eggs and butter. That being said, you can use egg substitute and butter substitute, however, from personal experience, it is not nearly as "good".
According to the new Carnival newsletter, The Funville Times, the recipe for the chocolate melting cake is as follows:
  • 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
  • 7 eggs, divided use
  • 6 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of flour
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt the chocolate and butter and cool for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix four eggs with sugar. Whisk. Then add flour and whisk. Add the remaining three eggs and add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture. Pour this entire mixture into individual ramekins. Bake until just done, about 15-20 minutes (interior will be melting). Serve with vanilla ice cream.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurel - thank you for taking a look at my article! Could you please contact me about it? Thank you! (charlottecruiseexaminer@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel! Not fair to tempt me with this post! Thanks for stopping by Brush and Baren this week... I think you found the link to the registration jig and I hope you'll find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete